ኢንተርናሽናል ኢቫንጀሊካል ቸርች
INTERNATIONAL EVANGELICAL CHURCH
International Evangelical Church (IEC) is an interdenominational and multi-ethnic church in Ethiopia.
Position Title: PASTOR – MOBILIZATION, IEC Sarbet.
Duration of Contract: One year, with the possibility of renewal
Leads IEC’s efforts to engage in the mobilization of the church in growth and service and in local, domestic, and international missions. Candidate should have experience leading missions’ efforts. Should have an adventuresome spirit and an ability to adapt to rapidly changing environments. Must have an effective style of managing volunteers. Works with the Lead Pastor and Board of Elders of IEC Sarbet.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• A degree in theology (preferably a master of divinity degree).
• At least 5 years of experience in pastoral ministry.
• Documented record of participation in a variety of mission’s efforts, including domestic and international mission trips.
• An ability to work with a wide variety of people, including those of different generations, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, and socio-economic levels.
• Understanding and willingness to serve within the doctrinal commitments of the church.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Growing Christian faith and character.
• A commitment to the mission of the church.
• A sense of calling toward pastoral ministry.
• A lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders (1 Tim. 3:1-13; 2 Tim. 2; Titus 1:5-9).
• Manage the church’s mobilization staff.
• Recruit, develop, and deploy volunteers for the church’s various mobilization efforts.
• Maintains the church’s relationship with mission partners.
• Develop and maintain a plan to involve a maximum number of church members in the church’s mobilization efforts.
• Coordinates IEC’s effort in church planting. Communicates the vision to the congregation, identifies and trains potential church planters, oversees church plants, and coordinates resources for church plant.
• Create and execute a long-term mobilization strategy that takes into consideration biblical teaching, the mission, and vision of the church, the unique talents, and gifts of church members, and the needs of the church’s mission partners.
• Lead church teams to participate in regular mission trips to local, domestic, and international locations, in partnership with missions’ partners and in support of long-term missions’ goals.
• Develops an annual budget for the mobilization and mission’s ministry of the church and operate within the constraints of that budget.
• Oversees IEC’s Adult Bible Study ministry, promoting Christian maturity and outreach and service within IEC and to the community.
• Oversees IEC’s Fellowship Ministries: Men’s Fellowship, Women’s Fellowship, and Young Adults’ to promote outreach and service within IEC and to the community.
• Support and cares for church members who are exploring a call to long-term missions service.
• Regularly report to the church in written form and, when appropriate, verbally on the work of the church’s mobilization teams.
• Participate in general pastoral duties as needed (preaching, weddings, funerals, counseling, etc.). • Participate in all staff meetings and retreats.
Please submit your application, resume, and a testimony to the International Evangelical Church, PO Box 8592, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submission Deadline: January 29, 2020,
Candidates must refer the position title on the subject line of their application letter and e-mail.