ኢንተርናሽናል ኢቫንጀሊካል ቸርች
INTERNATIONAL EVANGELICAL CHURCH
International Evangelical Church (IEC) is an interdenominational and multi-ethnic church in Ethiopia.
Position Title: PASTOR – CONGREGATIONAL CARE, IEC Sarbet.
Duration of Contract: One year, with possibility of renewal
Leads IEC’s Congregational Care Ministry. Must have a caring spirit, and the ability to deal well with people. Must have an effective style of managing volunteers. Works with the Lead Pastor and Board of Elders of IEC Sarbet.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• A degree in theology (preferably a Master of Divinity degree).
• At least 5 years of experience in pastoral ministry.
• Documented record of participation in a variety of Congregational Care ministries
• An ability to work with a wide variety of people, including those of different generations, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, and socio-economic levels.
• Understanding of and willingness to serve within the doctrinal commitments of the church.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both Amharic and English.
• A growing Christian faith and character.
• A commitment to the mission of the church.
• A sense of calling toward pastoral ministry.
• A lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders (1 Tim. 3:1-13; 2 Tim. 2; Titus 1:5-9). • If not already a member of IEC, will become a member upon selection and appointment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Organize and oversee the welcome center of the church.
• Coordinate Greeters and Ushers
• Coordinate Communion, elements, servers, etc.
• Oversee the Counseling Ministries of the Church including the Center for Spiritual Renewal • Organize training and coordinate Lay Counselors as a supervised group for Pastoral Counseling.
• Coordinate Pre-Marital Counseling.
• Organize weddings and funerals as needed
• Oversee Love in Action Ministry
• Coordinate Deacons and Deaconesses or visitations
• Oversees IEC’s Prayer Ministries to build a sense of corporate prayer within IEC.
• Train and coordinate Prayer Counselors/Prayer Team Ministry to respond at morning services. • Oversees IEC’s Small Group Ministry to promote both Christian maturity through Bible study and prayer, build a Christian community, outreach to others, and service.
• Maintain IEC Membership Records and oversee membership renewals
• Support and cares for church members who are exploring life situations.
• Regularly report to the church in written form and, when appropriate, verbally on the work of the church’s Congregational Care Teams.
• Participate in general pastoral duties as needed (preaching, weddings, funerals, counseling, etc.).
• Participate in all staff meetings and retreats.
Please submit your application, resume, and a testimony to the International Evangelical Church, PO Box 8592, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submission Deadline: January 29, 2020,
Candidates must refer the position title on the subject line of their application letter and e-mail.